Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 7... The Glow Spot!

Hey everyone!

It's time for my weekly update! It was a long week, but still a good one. This next week is suppose to be crazy busy too. I have to keep this email short because my p day ends at 2:30 today. The reason is because on Thursday, I get to go through the Mesa Temple! They take the hours we'll spend there at the temple away from p day. How's Rexburg been this month? I've heard it's been getting chillier and chillier. 

The best part of my week was last Monday. Elder Kuewa and I saved one hour on our p day for that night, so we could go on an adventure with my Zone Leaders. We followed them to a bike trail and the adventure began. It was around 8:30, about 70 degrees. Paradise! We biked for about 10 minutes until we arrived at the Glow Spot. We took a lot of pictures that I'll attach with this email. The Glow Spot was sweet. There were these random benches that would slowly change color. We also found this random toad. It was one of my favorite days so far. 

Tuesday we planned on teaching five lessons, but most of them fell through. 

Wednesday we met two new investigators. They had a lot of questions and kept asking how we "catch the Holy Ghost." Also, the Bishop's daughter in the Westwood Ward got her call to San Jose, California. She's torn between accepting it though, because there's a boy in the picture. Her Grandpa said the funniest thing: "She was hoping to go Russian, Russian to get married!" Haha! 

We got to go with the Pima Reservation Elders on Thursday because a native family needed help cleaning out their house. They promised us breakfast, so we couldn't really say no. There were two rooms that were so bad. I should have expected it, because before they passed out surgeon gloves and masks. We opened the doors and there was a dark cloud that came out. Stinky. Elder Tevaseu (a big polynesian) sprinted to the canal and threw up. Eventually we cleaned out the rooms and they fed us breakfast burritos. 

Saturday, our district went to the Stake Presidents house for breakfast and correlation. President Robinson (mission president) surprised us and told us he wanted to see how we were all doing. He is a great example. 

One more thing. My Zone Leaders wanted me to come up with a design for our zone t-shirts. I thought I would share it. Here's a picture of what I've come up with so far-- it's pretty simple, the M in Maricopa is the symbol we use for baptisms. If anyone has any other ideas, I would love to hear them. 

I hope you all had a wonderful week and that this week goes even better! I've got the feeling that this General Conference coming up is gonna be so good. It's one of my favorite holidays. We've all heard the saying that General Conference naps are the best naps, but these are true servants of the Lord that have prepared special messages for each of us. I am so grateful for the blessing of Prophets and Apostles. They inspire me to be better, to be more like Christ. I know this church is true and that our Father In Heaven loves each of us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Love,
Elder DeGraw

"Me making a three"


The Glow Spot



My T-shirt design

View of the valley

No comments:

Post a Comment