Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Week Something or Other

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic week! I don't have a ton of time, so I'll keep it simple. It wasn't a crazy week, but still a good one...

Tuesday was a busy day. We taught the Restoration lesson on the street a couple of times which was different. 

Wednesday we had service in the morning. We went and helped at the Mesa Thrift store again. I also fasted that my family would be safe. Wasn't a very interesting day. 

Thursday was district meeting and a couple of lessons that night. We didn't get hot dogs this time. Dinner on Thursday was so delicious. An awesome member took us to Me Kong Marketplace. It was actually in the Mesa Mission, we didn't even know, ha! We got these really tasty smoothies and a few Asian subs. 

Friday was a long day. I watched Freetown that night. It touched my heart how the missionaries traveled so many miles through war torn country to get somewhere where they could teach. I want to have that desire to teach and to serve. It's a pretty decent movie, I would recommend it if you have time. 

Saturday morning was exciting. We went to help a sweet Sister named Kat clean off her porch. First, her porch got baby powdered and we wiped it down. Then I got to crush about 300 soda cans with my feet. Bees were everywhere too. I guess you can sell cans for quite a bit down here. That night, we had dinner at Bishop Webb's and in the middle of it, we got asked to help take down flags. It brought back so many memories of the time when I would set up and take down flags. Haha, that was only a few months ago.

Sunday there were many sweet testimonies shared. Our mission president asked us to fast for gratitude.  I have been focusing on having gratitude all month, and writing things I'm grateful for in my journal each day.  Here's a list of what I've got so far...

#1 I'm grateful for the smell of cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. And the smell of earth right after rain.
#2 I'm grateful for my tablet and the chance I have to be a more effective missionary with it. And email home too.
#3 I'm grateful for the color green because you don't see a lot of it down here (besides cacti) and I miss it. 
#4 I'm so grateful for ice cream. That's all I've got to say.
#5 I'm grateful for the sound of rain and birds chirping in the morning. 
#6 I'm grateful for road trips and this world Heavenly Father's made for me.
#7 There are a lot of memories I'm grateful for, but if I had to pick one I would say the winters I spent in Temple Square with family. 
#8 I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon.
#9 I'm grateful for home and the Rexburg Temple. I'm grateful for my grandparents house and backyard.
#10 I'm so grateful for the taste of orange flavoring. I love chocolate oranges and I've really been craving orange rolls. 
#11 I'm so grateful for Christmas and the time I have to remember my Savior.
#12 I'm grateful for peanut butter.  

That was about it. Sorry there's nothing very big this week. I hope you all stay safe and have the best week! I found this quote this week and I really loved it. It reminded me of the video "spiritual whirlwinds" and how we need to have strong roots deep into the gospel and Jesus Christ.

Good timber does not grow with ease:
The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees;
The further the sky, the greater the length;
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.


--
Love Elder DeGraw
6265 N 82nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85250



"Subway Saturday"


Haircut #3




Me Kong Plaza

Elder Bird and I doing service at the Thrift Store

Our members think they're pretty funny.

My sweet new watch

No comments:

Post a Comment