Monday, January 22, 2018

From Mesa to North Scottsdale

Elder DeGraw is being transferred to North Scottsdale. He had a full day of packing and saying good-byes, but sent a couple quick things. He said... 

"Bro Felix just told me that I'm covering the richest part of Arizona. Stephanie Meyers (author of Twilight) is in my ward. My new companion is Elder Agbuya. He's from the Philippines. He's been out for a while now, I think 22 months."

"My new area is huge! I have one of the biggest areas in the valley. It is massive.So I will be in a Chevy Malibu (picture) and bike once or twice a week. I won't teach very many lessons. And I've been told the people can be quite mean. There's actually four of us living in my new apartment. Guess who I'm living with?? Elder Horrocks, my MTC companion. I am excited about that."

"This past week was kind of a miracle week. There were some days I didn't really care about anxiety. It gets so tiring, so I decided to just be spontaneous. We met a girl named Donisha and put her on date for baptism. I knocked random doors in our area because there was nothing better to do and we met a few great people. One guys name is Ray and we visited for a while. He has a lot of siblings that are members. Elder Bird will be going back soon. We were also able to get 8 investigators to church." 

"Tonight I'll be going around visiting all my people. Wednesday morning at 7:00 is when I'll get a ride with Brother Felix to the mission office and then to my area. 
I will miss the members in this area, and those I've come to know and love. I've seen Christ. Not in person, but I've seen him in the kindness the members have for their families, others, and us missionaries."

"Cool fact. #1 Pizza State is Arizona. #1 Pizza place in Arizona is Spinottos. A member took us there this morning. I liked it." 


"There have been many times that I feel my Grandpa Bud is close. This week I was worried about transfers and home. I prayed sincerely at my bed, and I felt that my Savior was sitting on my bed with his hand on my shoulder as I prayed. I also felt that my future kids were praying with me and listening to my prayer. That day was a good day." 


















Some screenshots Elder DeGraw sent of his new area (with a little picture of his mom on each pic. Haha).







The type of car he will be driving...






No comments:

Post a Comment