Wednesday, February 12, 2020

One Week Down...

Elder DeGraw with his district

Sao Paolo Temple

Elder Noble, Elder Keyser, & Elder DeGraw at the Sao Paolo Temple




The view from the CTM

Elder DeGraw with his district.







Hey, how are you doing? Sorry we don't have a ton of time to email so it won't be the longest email. But I wanted to let you all know that I love you.


I love Brazil so much so far. Yeah we get emails and can see them throughout the week. We just aren't allowed to respond to them. Which makes sense. It really helps a lot to be able to get updates throughout the week. 

I hurt my pinky playing basketball yesterday, its all bruised now and I can barely move it. But nothing to be worried about, its healing. We get to exercise everyday, except that when its raining we don't get to. So the other day we ended up playing uno with our whole district. That was really fun. I've found that I really love my district, and they've kinda became another family for me. 

How's home, has it felt weird without me there? Has the snow stopped or kept going? Also, I'm curious how Cameron is. 

My Portuguese is coming along well, but I feel very overwhelmed sometimes, like I have so much to learn in such a short time. And so my stress level has been very high, just because of that. But then I opened the package of goldfish that was hidden in my suitcase and it really helped. So I wanted to thank you (Mom) for that, it really has helped me out a lot. Class is cool too, and so I enjoy being in class

We went to the temple today and that was a cool experience to have. We got to do both baptisms and the endowment session. Everything was in English so it was easy to understand. It was easy to feel the spirit. And it was nice to get out into the streets, even if it was just inside of a van. 

I have been taking lots of pictures, but I don't have any way of sending them while I'm in the CTM. So I'll send them when I get out into the field. 

I love you so much.  I won't have time to email everyone. I will when I can. I am safe and feeling good. 

Love, 
Elder DeGraw



No comments:

Post a Comment